Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chicken Casserole

Tonight for tea we are having chicken casserole.
I thought I would share the recipe with you - its quick and cheap and you can add anything extra you like!

Chicken Casserole

Chicken - can be breast, thigh or pieces - amount to suit. (I have used as little as one breast and tonight we have three big ones)
1 onion chopped
1 cup of rice - more can be added - just remember to adjust water
Packet of bacon pieces - or bacon rashers - amount to suit - I usually use 5 rashers
2 chicken stock cubes
Tomatoe sauce - amount to taste
600ml of boiling water - add more if you added more rice.

Brown the onions, chicken and bacon in a pot (I use one that can go from stove to oven). Add the rice and stir until rice is coated.

Add in the boiling water, tomatoe sauce, stock cubes and salt and pepper to taste.

Bring it to the boil and then place in the oven at 180 degrees until rice is cooked.

You could add all manner of things or use it as we do as a cheap meal. The kids love this and its really nice as leftovers too.

1 comment: