Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Beautiful Doggie and Quick + Easy Chocolate Slice

I had to take the dog to the vet this morning and came home with some not so good news. She went for her shots and came back with a possible cancer diagnosis. We need to wait until next week to see whats happening with lumps and nodes ....I cant think about it now as Im too upset so I baked. My answer to everything!

I made a Quick + Easy Chocolate Slice that I found the recipe for at the Simple Savings website.

The recipe is :

1 cup SR flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 T cocoa
125g melted butter
1 cup coconut
1 egg.

Mix all of the dry ingredients together. Add melted butter and mix, add egg and mix through.

Press into a slice tin and bake for 10 minutes in a moderate oven.

Ice whilst still warm.

Icing

1 cup icing sugar
2T cocoa
1 dessert spoon of butter
1 T of boiling water

Mix all the ingredients together until well combined and spread on slice.

The slice in the photo is double quantity because my slice pan is huge! But the icing is one lot - Mikes doesnt love icing but this slice needs it I think.

I found that it needed to cook for about 25 minutes...I did double the recipe and I have a bit of a clapped out oven so it took longer to cook.

And here is one we prepared earlier:


__________________


2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping your beautiful doggie gets the best news possible. My doggie passed away just over 2 years ago from cancer and we were told she might have 6 months left and she stayed with us for over 5 years. I hope the chocolate slice (yum) cheers you up on a bad day. Thinking of you Gilly & Family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs Gill.
    And thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete