Saturday, April 24, 2010

One Busy Week

Hi there - Im back!

I have taken the whole week off from the internet and boy was I productive. I dont blame the internet for me not being productive - but as I am addicted to social networking and blog reading, sometimes I tend to get a little sidetracked....

I made a pledge to do three days and before you knew it - it was Saturday morning. I did check my emails via my iPhone - this I must confess...but only responded to one and as the week went on I received less and less...

My week was very busy - both the boys went back to work and school. Jack went back to school with no dramas - he was even Aussie of the Day on day 2!

Mike went back to work (at the same school) and he has been flat out from day 1.

Monday for me was a total house clean including all the windows. They were filthy! After that I then finished painting and old cupboard for Laineys room. its such a sweet little unit and we wanted to paint it white to match her bed. I had it on the back patio for three weeks before I finished it! I also ironed and did a mountain of laundry. I also spent some extra time with Jack getting his uniform and bag ready and giving him a hair cut. Oh and I booked the car in for a service!

Tuesday saw me getting the little man off to school - he just stepped back in no problemos. Then Lainey and I went to badminton where I learnt that I had been graded 6th in the club (thats out of 40) so I was very happy. I came home and actually treated myself to putting my feet up for the first time in 2 weeks...Lainey was in bed and I just lay on the couch and watched junkie telly!

Wednesday started with me putting Laineys new furniture in her room. It saw the end of the change table as she is now toilet trained....she still wears a nappy at night but during the days she is dry. We had to work really hard on the number 2s as she had some accidents - thats another thing I worked at this week. We sorted out Laineys clothes before dance class and then after dance class we did the rest of her room. I also did Jacks clothes and by the end of it all I had 4 bags for the Sammies! I also did some washing and folding.

Thursday was really busy - I went to Northam and got the car serviced - that took all morning...then we had a birthday party for Jack to go to after school followed by the inagural meeting of my new book club at 7pm. We had it at a local cafe in town and our first book is To Kill a Mockingbird. I have never read it and have started it and am loving it.

Friday was just as busy. I hunted down a copy of the book from some friends, had some shopping to do, fitted a friend for some pants Im making her, hosted the P & C Fundraising Committee meeting and then collected Jack from school. He then had his first lesson of Acrobats after school and he went ok - I think he was tired after a long week at school. That night we had an easy dinner at the kitchen counter to round out a super busy week.

Some if the small things I did like read the paper, caught up with friends, knitted and read are all things that I tend to drop from my day if Im online. It was nice just to check into reality for a week.

Having said that though I am very happy to be back. Social networking has an important place in my life. I have lived in some pretty small towns in the past and sometimes the only thing that kept me sane was making friends online and escaping into the world of blogs and forums. The friends I have made through Crafty Mamas are actual real life friends - real tactile people who have come from the screen into my every day. I got an email from Andrea asking if I was ok - thats a real mate who took the time to email me....and I read the forum from the week and people were concerned and missed me...its so lovely to be missed (I did tell everyone where I was going but stayed away 2 more days than I originally said!)

So whilst I enjoyed being away - I love being back....and have I learnt anything. Yes I have...that the world wont end if I dont sit on the computer for large amounts of time...so if you can hack it I highly suggest you try a self imposed internet ban...you will find it rewarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment