Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Knitter I Am Not....

but I give it a bash!

Recently I read a post over at Posies blog about some items she was making for the HeadsUp @ Calvary Hospital in Bruce in the ACT.

I love helping out - its so rewarding and putting good karma out there is an excellent tonic for this world.

So I decided to knit a scarf....so far I have knitted just the one. Its made some some deliciously soft Bendigo Wool Mills yarn which I thought would feel nice...its only in a knit two purl two rib but its warm and made with a bundle of love.

Im going to send it Posies way. I hope someone wears it and feels warm and safe and healthy and feels the love with which it was knitted.

If you can help - drop Posie a line - shes tops and would love to hear from you.




5 comments:

  1. Great scarf and lovely thing to do. I'm sure someone will treasure it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can so knit!! Do I have to remind you of the awesome teletubbies!!!???? good on you Gilly - you really make my day with your kindnesses (yes plural!!!) Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh aren't you adorable!! It's totally good for the soul doing charity work, i'm going to post a blog about the chemo cushions (horrible name but serves a purpose) i'm making for Heads Up @ Calvery. Might send some good karma for the market products & shopping i had stolen on Sunday from Mathilda's in Canberra!! Argh, still reeling, big hole in my heart. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh bless Posie Im so sorry that has happened to you. Arent some people just awful....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely scarf, I can't knit at all..

    I am going to go with a white muslin background for my latest English Paper Piecing I will post a photo on my blog tomorrow.....

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete