Myself and my friend Onah and Crafty Mama Lela all traveled down to fellow Crafty Mama Gemma's house in Bridgetown.
There we were entertained by Gemma and her lovely husband Brad and spent the whole weekend sewing and chatting and enjoying good food and each others company.
We managed to finish a couple of projects including a workshop on Japanese Meshwork thanks to Gemma. Thats an awesome technique and I cant wait to do more of it in the near future. I made a glasses case for Mikes mums birthday from some of my finished meshwork.
I also managed to make a Favourite Things "A Safe Place" Wallet. I am very happy with the result (and very appreciative of the unpicking Onah did for me when I stuffed up some binding!).
All in all it was a wonderful weekend and we are hopefully planning on doing it here in my town sometime soon.
Thanks Gem for a wonderful weekend :)

Gemmas pizza over - got a work out the first night!


The view from Gemmas patio - oh yes that was hard work!

Mesh work in prgress

Working hard...

Completed piece of mesh work.

Glasses case made with mesh work.


Favourite Things A Safe Place wallet

Gemmas mesh work bottle carrier pattern

Casserole carrier gemma made for me with a pattern I gave her (what a wonderful suprise!)

Meshwork patterns and information


Looks like you all had a great time!
ReplyDeletehow wonderful does your weekend look!!! Great work achieved too...
ReplyDeleteI love that meshwork, I will have to look online to see if there are any instructions on there. Bit of a distance for me to travel to pick the instructions up!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a super time.
Gill in Canada
Fabulous all round. Graet view, great food, great company and some super crafting.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you all had a wonderful time
ReplyDelete