Saturday, June 6, 2009

Enid Gilchrist Sew-a-Long

Over at Crafty Mamas we have been doing an Enid sew-a-long. This is what I chose - its called Jacket for Those Cooler Days from Enid Gilchrist's Baby Book pg 46.

It has been made with pink baby cord and a maroon cord I got from Textile Traders really cheap (it was marked as bleeding fabric so I soaked it in salt and washed the heck out of it and it doesnt bleed anymore ) I hand stitched the cuff facings and also along the hem along the bottom. Instead of bias binding I used satin ribbon, I didn't have the right size binding...

The collar isn't perfect at the back but I'm happy with it. Its the second real collar Ive done, the first one properly!

I am going to make a little skirt to go with it I think - it should be nice and warm for my little girl!






4 comments:

  1. Ooooh it's cute - I love the colours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it will be even cuter with a sweet skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Gilly. Those colours together are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sooo cute!! A skirt will look adorable too.

    ReplyDelete