
(pic courtesy of www.pcworld.com)
Today I needed serenity. Peace. In a week that has seen tears and emotion always at the surface I needed to shut myself off from the news and devastation. Thats not to say it was not close to the top of the list in my mind, but I kept myself from being constantly bombarded.
Last night I simply could not sleep. I padded about, looking in on the children and tried to drift off but to no avail. My mind was too busy. Today I am exhausted.
I have still sewn shorts and am doing some knitting but I cant look at the papers, the telly or listen to my beloved ABC. I need a break.
The silence has been comforting..I hope that doesnt sound selfish.


Dear Gilly,
ReplyDeleteIt is not selfish at all. I too am stopping myself from reading, listening and watching the news for a while. It is just too hard to deal with things at the moment. Take your time. ((HUGS)).
You are doing what you can.
xoxo,
Feli
NOt selfish at all Gilly. You are doing heaps and being a wonderful giving person. WEll done you. I know what you mean about needing some serenity. (((hugs))) Kat
ReplyDelete