Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rising From The Ashes


(pic courtesy of www.ozquilts.com.au)

Whilst perusing some images under various search names in Google, I found this picture of a phoenix stained glass quilt pattern at Oz Quilts.

The blurb that came with it said:

The phoenix is a wonderful symbol of regeneration and renewal. It was said to be a sun bird of great beauty and power which lived within a cycle of being consumed by fire then resurrected or reborn from the ashes.

I immediately thought of the Australian spirit - the Victorian spirit, being reborn out of the ashes. Resurrected to fight another battle, rejuvenating bigger and better than before. It will happen, with our help and their steely determination...there is always hope.

I bought the pattern - I hope to make it a sent it over to someone...so they too can rise form the ashes.


1 comment:

  1. Gilly, if you want me to dye up some fabric for you to use, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete