Friday, February 20, 2009

My Worst Fear




Snakes.

You know those people who cry hysterically at cotton wool...that's me and snakes. I had one in the house today - a dugite...yes deadly. I get chest pains thinking about how scared I was. I could not even make this post with a snake picture in it they frighten me so much. I had to call Mike to come home and deal with it. Lainey was in her bed and Jack was at school. The cats were my real concern as they thought it to be a good play thing. I had to throw them literally in the bedroom all whilst trying to scare the snake into staying where it was. I would have had to have moved out if we had lost it in the house.

Mike came home - he was home very fast - and took care of it.

I still cant sit still and think there are things moving about in the corner of my eye. Outside - I could have dealt better with it, but inside...how did it get in? I guess I may never know. Tomorrow we are remowing the lawns (even though they dont really need it) and hacking some shrubs...again not that they really need it.. I just need to feel better. We do everything we are supposed to do -- and we still got one inside. Lets hope it was super bad luck and doesnt happen again.


3 comments:

  1. oh my god.
    i would have passed out. you handled it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my nightmare too. How brave you were, well done to Mike for sorting it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow. Venomous snakes scare the crap out of me. Non-venomous I am okay with. Geez. Do you have a small hole somewhere in your house? He could have come up through the plumbing, the toilet. That happened to us when I was younger. A water moccasin came in through the toilet and was hanging out in our bathroom. They are dangerous. You need a pet mongoose. I hope it does not happen again. You are brave and I am happy the kiddos and kitties were out of harms way.

    ReplyDelete