Today I managed to finish a three projects which I had started last week. I am determined to complete the things I either cut out or buy fabric for before I move on! Otherwise I will drown under fabric!
I finished Lainey and Jack's summer doonas. I bought the fabric from SL when they were having their stock take sales. The inside of the doona comes from Ikea and looks like this. I bought the queen size one. I cut it to size for the cot and for Jacks toddler bed. I overlocked the raw edges and then I covered it. Because the doona is so light I decided just to sew it up and when they need a wash the whole thing will go the machine. The doona is truely very light and will be perfect for the hot summers we get.
With Lainey's, I put a piece at the bottom which makes it like the end of a sheet. That goes around the mattress at the bottom of the cot, making sure she doesnt loose her cover or come untucked in the night! There is even enough of the original doona to make another one for Lainey's bed. I plan on doing 2 or 3 for each of the kids so I always have a clean one in the cupboard. I also want to make Jack a matching pillow slip but need to get some fabric that will match as I ran a bit low of the main fabric. I will use some of the left over fabric to match the pillow slip back to the doona.


Then tonight I completed a reversible purse. I got the pattern from here. A couple of the gals in my EB sewing group have made them and I loved them. I used some Michael Miller fabric I got from The Humming Mini and used just some black from my stash to line it. I really love this!

I went to Perth on the weekend which of course meant a trip to SL. This is what I got.

I also got my order today from Kelani. I love it and was really happy with it. So I washed all my new fabric and put it into my stash to be used up! I also received my batting for my ironing board from Autumn Threads. So I will make that tomorrow I think.
Enjoy - and let me know what you think.
xx Gilly


I love the doonas, particularly Laineys with the extra bit at the bottom - very clever.
ReplyDeleteI might have to have a look at the kelani website, everyone seems to be getting such lovely fabric!
Wow, you have been busy! Very clever with the extra bit on the bottom of the doona.
ReplyDeleteStill looking forward to making your hat when I get back from my hols.
another one who loves the extra bit at the bottom of the cot doona thats awesome, might have to have a go one day
ReplyDelete