Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesdays Achievements

Today I have made a new ironing board cover. I have only ever owned 2 ironing boards. One was given to me when I joined the army at 18 and that followed my around, starch stained cover and all, for 12 years. It was only last year that I got a new one...and I pine for my old one. It was a great ironing board with a cover and batting that somehow withstood some fairly serious abuse.

So I decided to attend to my neglected ironing board and this is what ensued.

This is poor old abused and unloved ironing board. Don't you just love the beach towel underneath!


And this is the new ironing board ! Pretty!!!



I made it using the tutorial from The Purl Bee. The fabric is from my SL haul over the weekend. I originally wanted to use my Kelani fabric but didn't order enough...how silly of me!

I really like it and I have test driven it and its great! So now perhaps I can let the memory of ironing board number one go....

xx Gilly

1 comment:

  1. Gilly, this is soooooo what I need! I may as well have no cover on my board - its like I'm ironing on metal! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete