Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!



Happy Fathers Day to all the wonderful dads out there including my own, my husband and my father in law. I hope you all have great days no matter what you are doing.

I am waiting for the boys to get home - they are on there way. To while away the time I replanted out my tomatoes (after some advice from my dad this morning. The phone goes before 8am and its my dad.."Have your beetroot's sprouted yet..mine have!".."Um no dad they haven't " (complex forms) "Oh well I'm sure its because the soil is colder out there. By the way you should repot those tomatoes. Love you, bye!"...)So after all that I decided to repot the tomatoes...and stare at the soil in the veggie patch to see if something may indeed sprout whilst I am watching...no luck.

The tomatoes are behind the iron curtain because my dog Banners has a new fav food group - manure ....so I have to protect the veggies from her!


Lainey was my little helper. Its a bit cold here today and so I put her into one of the excellent and warm, albeit 80's style suits that keeps her so warm outside. I know she isn't wearing any shoes in this pic but she pulled them off. Its her own fault then!!!! (No I had a blanket on her too and this was just before we went inside...truely I'm not that cruel!)



I also planted out some bulbs. Now I know all you green thumbs are gasping but I'm a busy woman. Anyway I will sew them and see....thats my gardening motto!

The boys will be home soon so I better get on with it. I'm making Mike his fav dinner tonight...chicken parmigiana and vanilla slice! Mmmmmm .

xx Gilly

1 comment:

  1. Your poor communist tomatoes behind the 'iron curtain' they are too scared to come out. ;-p

    ReplyDelete