I bought up big at ribbonsgalore.com.au on ric rac and this is what I decided to do with some of it last night. I have decided that whilst I can sew a little I certainly cannot take a good picture....
I thought in the beginning I would have preferred to use felt but actually denim worked quite well. Not sure how I am going to finish it of in the middle, and I will play around sizes and stuff like that tonight. I think this would look great on a dress, bag, as a brooch...it kind of reminds me of those campaign badges they wear in America!
My fingers were aching after making this though...the ric rac is very thin and was a wee bit fiddly! Ahh how we suffer for our craft.
xxxGilly
PS here is the fall preview of oliver + s....some boys patterns which is great!
http://www.oliverands.com/blog/2008/05/fall-preview.html


No comments:
Post a Comment