Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Never Tasted Sour Cream Coffee Cake

just quickly wanted to add this recipe....I make it for Mike when he needs morning tea at school, I dont know why - I guess its easy and a little different from the usual! I have made it for him a number of times and never tasted it, but the plate always comes home empty with people wanting the recipe. We dont have it at home because Mike hates coffee and if I made it for myself I would be a pig about it! I must try it one day :)

Never Tasted Sour Cream Coffee Cake
125g of unsalted butter softened
1 cup caster sugar
3 eggs lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 sr flour
1/3 cup sour cream

COFFEE ICING
2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
1 cup icing sugar
20g melted butter

Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Grease lightly a 28 x 18cm cake tin and line with baking paper.

Cream the butter and sugar in a small bowl with electric beaters till light and fluffy. Add the eggs gradually, beating thoroughly after each addition. Dissolve the vanilla and coffee powder in a teaspoon of hot water and beat into the mixture until combined. transfer to a large bow. Using a metal spoon fold in the sifted flours alternately with the sour cream. Stir until the mixture is just combined and almost smooth.

Spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth the top. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.

Once the cake is cooled completely dissolve the coffee for the icing with 2 tablespoons of hot water in a small bowl. Add the icing sugar and the butter mixing until combined. Spread over the cooled cake.


If you make it let me know if you like it!

xxGilly

No comments:

Post a Comment