Thursday, May 20, 2010

Banging My Drum

This year I am a member of the fundraising committee for our schools P & C. Our major fundraiser is a quiz night and we have always had an amazing night. The goal this year is to raise $20,000 through the whole year to enable us to make a donation to the school to returf and retic the oval. Its in a shocking state and the kids deserve better.

So I have been writing a bizzilion letters to all and sundry seeking donations for our said quiz night. i have sent them to all our local businesses and heaps of Australian companies with fingers crossed. We are going to auction the big items and use the other donations as spot prizes and table winner prizes.

Then I thought who else could I ask.....and I thought of you all. You are all such talented and wonderful crafty individuals and I thought maybe I should post something here to see if anyone of you would donate your wares or a voucher for our fundraiser.

Sponsors are put on our sponsorship list with contact details and that is put out on every table - and the name of the provider is used everytime the product is used, given away or mentioned.

Now I dont expect hundreds of you to write in but if I even got one donation then it would be worth the 3 minutes it took me to post this blog entry.

I am passionate about my sons school and want to have a successful year fundraising for it.

Email me at gilly_17@aapt.net.au if you would like to help out - I can give you all the details and information if you want more specifics...and thanks a bunch :)

1 comment:

  1. You know me, happy to help out (i'm our school fundraising coordinator) so email me your postal address & i'll ship off some goodies to you on Monday. What goes around baby . . . love Posie

    ReplyDelete