
I made this cheesecake for morning tea at Mikes work. I got the recipe from a book my MIL got at an oppy shop one day when we were out together (she loves oppy shopping as much as me!)
The end result was ok - not perfect....the jelly didnt set properly around the edges and I wonder if it had something to do with the fact the recipe gets you to line the tin with glad wrap first....anyway ot came out ok and I am sure it tastes very nice.
Jelly Crunch Cheesecake
1 pack plain choc biscuits crumbed
90g butter melted
VANILLA FILLING
250g pack of cream cheese softened
1 tablespoon castor sugar
1 teaspoon of grated lemon rind
1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
85g packet of Instant Vanilla Pudding.
3/4 cup milk
TOPPING
2 x punnets strawberries (I only used one and it was enough)
1 x packet of strawberry jelly crystals
1 1/4 cup boiling water
Lightly oil 23cm springform tin and line base and sides with plastic wrap.
Combine the biscuit crumbs and melted butter, mix well and press onto the base of the tin. Refrigerate whilst preparing the filling.
Beat the cheese, sugar, rind and juice in a small bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the pudding mix and gradually add milk until all mixed.
Spread the filling evenly over the base and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
Cut strawbs in half. Combine the jelly and water in a medium bowl and stir till dissolved. Cool and refrigerate until the jelly is the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
Arrange the strawbs over the filling and pour the jelly mix over them. Refrigerate for several hours.
I will have to wait till Mike gets home to see how it tastes! But it looked alright!


Yum, that looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteOh delicious, love Posie
ReplyDeletethat does look yummy and not too heavy like a lot of cheesecakes are.......
ReplyDeleteGill
DDRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!
ReplyDeleteThat look so yummy! Thanks for the recipe - I might have to try that one out!