

Lainey starts swimming lessons on Tuesday and I have had it in my mind to make a tote to throw our gear in. I thought I would use some oilcloth I bought from Lisa in a buy at Crafty Mamas.
I decided just to cut out a rectangle and hotdog some strips for straps. Little did I know that oilcloth isnt the easiest thing to sew. You cant really iron it so its a case of finger press and pin.
I will say that whilst the stitching skips a couple of times (even though I opened the machine up a little) I am quite happy with the outcome. Its bright pretty and neat. I haven't finished off the seams or anything as it wont fray - and its not lined as its for wet towels and bathers.
Actually - I think its pretty good!


I really like it! Very cheery.
ReplyDeleteWhat's the difference between oil cloth and PUL? Is it pretty much the same thing? I'm looking to make some snack bags/sandwich wrap thingies... your thoughts?
great idea- no lining. I will remember that, because I have some of that very same oil cloth destined for the same purpose. It looks great- what is a hot dog strap I wonder..?
ReplyDeleteLadies I have emailed you both :)
ReplyDeleteIts great Gilly looks good and will be very useful!
ReplyDelete