Friday, February 19, 2010

Sewing Clothes Kids Love



Today in my mail box arrived the long awaited copy that I ordered of Sewing Clothes Kids Love by Nancy Langdon. I am also very luck to have received a signed copy as I bought it through Lisa @ Crafty Mamas. How cool is that!

Its a really great book chocked full of great tips for sewing as well as 10 full patterns from her wonderful range. The first pattern in the book is the Imke shirt. I love this pattern and it is so versatile. You can have so many variations and you can make it for him and for her.

I made one up for Jack tonight in the colours of our football team the West Coast Eagles. Jack is a mad fan and its that time of year again. I chose a lined hood and I mixed the colours on the arms to break up the blue.



I used an iron on patch which I bought last year - its the clubs old logo but it made a retro comeback recently and some official shirts have been re-released with this one them. Oh and notice that even though its for the footy I still got the fledge patch in the side seam!




The fabric is stella from Crafty Mamas and the yellow is the remainder of the fabric I won last year from Sara at willow & moo.

Its a great pattern and one I will be doing again soon. But for now - onto the next in the book!

Oh and as a side bar - this completes my entry into the challenge of the month (sewing with knits) over at Carolyns blog :)

5 comments:

  1. Love the Imke top!

    Don't forget to pop it into the Sewing Clothes Kids Love group on Flickr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab top Gilly - love the contrast detail on the sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks Sara I didnt know it was there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't this book divine - I positively drool as I read it!
    Love the Imke - not so much the colours but you know how that goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no... is that Eagles colours!!!

    ReplyDelete