Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Top For Me!

A while ago I started to make a pattern from an old top that was ready for the bin...well that stalled and it wasn't until recently when my sewing friend Onah suggested we do something similar again. She has a lifetimes knowledge of pattern and dressmaking so I thought you bet. I love wearing the yoked style top and if I had the basics for it well the sky is the limit.

A couple of weeks ago we made the pattern using a current top of mine and then this week we cut and sewed it up. I haven't done the hems or neck yet as we wanted to see how the fit was and wouldn't you know - perfect first time! So I will finish it off now but I wanted to show you!

Excuse the bodgy pics but what else can you do when you're on your own!


3 comments:

  1. Gilly that is a nice shirt. I like the gathers at the front. What fabric did you use for your trial? Looks comfy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a stretch knit - very light weight so super comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea Gilly, I have a top that is exactly the same style and it's my favourite but it's starting to wear thin so I might have to steal your idea!

    ReplyDelete