Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Teacher Present #1

This year I have the fun task of making presents for the staff in Jacks kindy class. I have never had to do it before and was almost tempted to make end of term gifts! But I held off and have only made end of year/Christmas gifts.

There are two ladies in Jacks class...one being his teacher Mrs Hawke and the other being the ed assistant Mrs Jenkinson.

They are both getting the same thing but in different fabrics.

This is for his teacher Mrs Hawke.





The fabrics are both stash - the outside one is a home maker fabric from Spotlight of which I bought about 15m of at about $2 a metre! i love matching it with the polka dots - so pretty! I covered the buttons myself and I think they added a nice touch - I discovered tonight my machine has the most amazing auto button hole maker...no more shying away from buttons from now on for me!

The pattern is from Andrea Forstbauer and I bought it on Etsy.... it was recommended to me by Andrea from Little Boozle...she used the pattern recently in a swap at Crafty Mamas. I absolutley love this pattern and am hoping to make one for me before too long.

1 comment: