Monday, December 7, 2009

El Porto = El Done - O

I have finished the Studio Tantrum El Porto....

This is a really lovely bag but, in my humble opinion, with a few "buts"...

1. Not for the faint earthed...in my opinion - but perhaps this will change with making more of them.

2. Not for the time poor
- anything this lovely takes time..those of us who like one hour gratification should not expect this pattern to provide it.

3. Not for those who dont speak German! - I used an online dictionary and Google translate to get through it - I will be asking for the English translation when it comes out.

Please dont think I am bagging (sorry for the pun) this pattern. I love the finished product and the work put into it was so worth it. It is a Christmas present for my friend Tegan who goes to board in the big smoke next year to complete high school. I cant think of anything else more perfect for her.

Im sure the wonderful Nancy is turning in her sleep having a nightmare about someone on the other side of the world butchering her pattern! I must admit to leaving the suggested construction path towards the end. I was fatigued and had kind of lost touch with the instructions. Google translate does a good job but sometimes its a bit hard to understand. But as I said before think the end product has been well worth the journey. Oh and I lengthened the strap - Im not sure if i missed something there but I thought it very short.

I will make another one of these...I want one!





3 comments:

  1. Way to go, Gilly the brave of heart. It's scrummy. Yay- now we have someone to ask for help! Personally I think Mr Google is a shocker with pattern translations and often has had too many glasses of red before trying to help me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I had a giggle at the title of your post Gilly ;-)

    Nice bag but even without the pattern being in German I can see there is a lot of work in the construction. Well done.

    And look at this amazing bag from the gal who was afraid of zips not all that long ago!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete