I thought this year that it would really nice for the children to make something for their Nanny and Pa for Christmas. I looked through what I had stash wise and came up with the idea of a cushion each for their bed. I had some inexpensive inserts from Spotlight and made a cover using one side printed fabric and the other calico. Before I sewed them up the children painted the covers with fabric paints.
Once they had been sun dried I ironed them with a hot iron for 5 minutes and whipped them together with the OL. Then I got the kids to put the cushions inside and I hand stitched the final edge.
I think they came out really nice - I was going to applique the words nanny and pa on them but decided against it. Right now the kids are making cards to put with the pillows.
I hope Nanny and Pa like them!

Gorgeous idea Gilly, I bet they love them.
ReplyDeleteAwesome!
ReplyDelete