Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Total Lush

Ok..I confess...I bought some more Lush products. I love their Angels on Bare Skin and thought I needed some more products. Some of the gals at Crafty Mamas were talking about the henna hair dye and I thought why not!

I bought a block of the henna Caca Marron - see here - and this is the blurb:

Description:
Washing off the Caca Marron and waiting for your hair to dry to see what it looks like is almost as exciting as waiting for the postie on your birthday. The combination of red and black hennas and ground coffee, spiced with clove bud oil, gives your hair the dark red glow of conkers fresh from the horse chestnut tree. Marron is French for chestnut, by the way, hence the name.


I cant wait to see how it turns out....

Here are some pictures of the process

Me before:


What the block looks like (but it was bigger than that - this is whats left)


Mixing it on the stove


Me now with a showercap and glad wrap on my head for the next 5-6 hours!


It smells and feels like the coffee you wash out of the filter bags from your machine...I hope it looks good - I didnt strand test - m living on the edge!

4 comments:

  1. 5 to 6 hours!!!
    OMG!

    I don't think I could do that... not without making one huge mess.
    Looking forward to the after shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I have been reading backwards and now after seeing the before pic I think that was a really a great result. The henna made your hair look very natural, love the red and the shine so I would give this "experiment" a big thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete