I have some sewing that I do that I call Polly Practical...you know - the real utility pieces....and last night and this morning it was shorts for Jack.
I have bought a new pattern - for the sizing more than anything - from You Can Make This...its the Easy Fit Pants...I used to have a great shorts pattern in a Top Kids mag but I gave them away and forgot to keep that one! This pattern is good because you can make them any length and its two pieces...really quick to whip up on the OL.
Jack recently picked some fabrics at SL and so I whipped them up last night. I made them all and then this morning hemmed and did the waists. I can get two pairs per metre.
I love the fabrics Jack chose and the pic of the shorts on their own - they are made from boardie material...so they are for swimming too.
I love being able to sew practical things. I love the fiddly more decorative pieces...but this is one of the reasons I got into sewing. Beats buying shorts at the shops thats for sure.


Wow! Where did you get the boardie material from? We live in the water and would love to make Liam some.
ReplyDeleteThey look fabulous Gilly :)
ReplyDeleteHe has great taste in fabrics! They're gorgeous. I love the rainbow pair.
ReplyDelete