Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"The Best Ever" Challenge - Chocolate Cake Trial 1




Recipe - Mandys Great Great Grandmothers Chocolate cake
Source - Mandy @ Crafty Mamas
Notes - this was the cake that kicked off the challenge. And what a goer to start with! This has brown sugar and golden syrup in it and I class those as general ingredients as I always have them.

This cake is super super moist...its very very tasty...you can taste the richness the golden syrup and brown sugar add.

Verdict - Mike - 8, Gill - 8, Jack - 8, Lainey - 10
Total Score - 34/40

File Worthy- Most definitely!

Recipe For Your File -
125g butter
1 cup brown sugar
vanilla
2 tablesp golden syrup
1 egg
1 1/2 cups milk
2 cups SR flour
cocoa (can't remember how much, I tip it in from the jar!!)

Cream butter and sugar, add vanilla, egg & golden syrup. Alternately add milk, flour & cocoa.
Bake in a moderate oven.

1 comment:

  1. Looks mouthwatering delicious Gilly!

    Oh my goodness, i think I am going to have to bake a chocolate cake for afternoon tea!!!

    ReplyDelete