For Mikes birthday this year myself and the kids and his parents bought him a swim in tank at the WA Aquarium, otherwise known as AQWA (you can see their website here...). You can either snorkel or dive but as Mike doesn't have a dive ticket he snorkeled in the tank. His birthday was in June but he could only get in during these school holidays as its a popular activity.
As the day approached his bravado diminished and I think he was genuinely nervous about the experience. But I also know fo a fact he had a "whale" of a time (pardon the sea pun).
Whilst he went off and got ready the kids and Mikes family and I looked around at all the wonderful displays. The kids enjoyed the tanks and the touch pond as they got to hold starfishes and sea cucumbers as well as see jelly fish and deadly animals from the sea (at a distance of course).
Finally it came time for Mike to get in and so we went down to the big aquarium which has a moving walkway so you can stand on it and just glide around the tank looking at all the sharks, turtles, sting rays, fish and of course husbands.
He had a ball and I was so super happy I could help make one of his dreams come true.


Wow Gilly. What an awesome experience for Mike! Brilliant. Sure beats socks and jocks!
ReplyDelete