Monday, October 12, 2009

Mondays Baking Part Two

Oh - I also made this carrot cake - recipe courtesy of Andrea via Crafty Mamas. Thanks Andrea :)


1 c plain flour
1 teaspoon (tsp) baking powder
1 tsp bicarb soda
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 c castor sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c vegetable oil
1/3 c sultanas (optional)
1 and 1/2 c grated carrots

Sift flour, bp, soda, spice and cinnamon.
Add sugar, beaten eggs and oil.
Mix well.
Stir in carrot (and sultanas if using)
Spoon into loaf tin.
160 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Cool on rack.
Ice with frosting.

Icing-
90g cream cheese
60g butter
2 tsp grated lemon rind
1 and 1/2 c icing sugar

Beat cheese, buttee and rind together and gradually mix in sifted icing sugar.
Ice cake.


1 comment:

  1. Hope you like it Gilly. It's a family fave here as it is so quick and easy to make. I consider the icing one of my favourite food groups! You could even put it on the cake and see how that works -I usually feel sick before I ice the cake lol!

    ReplyDelete