Thursday, October 22, 2009

Christening Gown Part 2

The missing part of the pattern piece arrived in the mail today so I have traced cut out and sewn together the mock of Gabrieljas christening gown. I was really happy with the way it came together and I dont think its going to be an issue when the time comes to sew the real thing!

I dont think I will line the bodice - rather just the skirt. I also dont think the gap at the back needs to be quite so long considering gabby is so small so I will seek some advice on that one before deciding what to do.

Next step is to sew up the bonnet and then fit gabby on Tuesday of next week.





2 comments:

  1. That's looking great Gilly - even if it is the mock one. What will you do with it though? Do you unstitch it and use the fabric again for another mock-up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadnt really thought about what I would do with it - it will have scribble all over it probably so I dont know!!

    ReplyDelete