
Pic credit
Ok...I have been reading Tracy's 15 minute thread over at Crafty Mamas and looked at Fly Lady and I am motivated to get moving on m house and declutter and spring clean. I am also motivated by the fact that Jack has lost an expensive pair of glasses and I need to find them or I will have to buy another pair!
So for the next fortnight I am planning to declutter and clean. I am amazed at what has accumulated. I managed to do a couple of 15 minute stints this morning in clutter hotspots and I threw out three bags already
I have set up a table of the things I need to do by standing in each room or area and surveying it...and in some places it aint pretty. The saving grace in the kids rooms is I did them recently so I dont need to go too feral in there.
Tomorrow I am starting with the Lounge.
Tasks in there include:
* cleaning behind the entertainment unit
* cleaning under the sofas
* polishing wood
* dusting hanging pics
* getting rid of and rehoming items of barely standing hat stand
All rooms will have their windows and flyscreens cleaned and once all is finished I will have carpets professionally cleaned. This will also help with the fact that last summer we had fleas and whilst I now treat all the animals I will need to make sure the cleaning and vacumming of the carpets is up to scratch.
Next is the Kitchen.
Tasks in here include:
* clean the oven
* clean out the fridge
* clean the microwave
* decrumb the toaster
* tidy up the pots and pans cupboard, the plastics cupboard, the plates cupboard, the cups cupboard including wiping sown the inside and outside.
* tidy the cutlery draws
* rehang aprons properly.
I have already decluttered the pantry and the top of the fridge and cupboards today and thats been a good start.
So thats what I am going to start with. Im sharing it with you all because it makes me accountable I guess!
And I thought someone else might want to join the journey..so please if you feel the need after reading this join in and let me know how you go.
I am dedicated to only sewing a custom job I must complete this week and once I am done i shall reward myself with a whole day of sewing fun stuff :) I also have little rewards planned for along the way - but the biggest reward will be a decluttered and spring cleaned house :)
Wish me luck!


Ooooh, I envy your enthusiasm. I just can't find the motivation at the moment. I will follow your progress with interest and hope that it will encourage me...My problem is that there is always that thing to sew that I'll just do first...then another...then another...
ReplyDeleteOh, it seems you are going to be busy.
ReplyDeleteI started on Friday with cleaning of our terrace, but it's messed with leaves again. A never ending story.
May be you can motivate me to do more.