Lainey turns two this week and I wanted to make her some new things - a new nightie included. I had originally chosen a nightie pattern I found in the oppy and cut it out. But as I still have my L plates on when it comes to my industrial overlocker I applied too much pressure and made an error on the bottom curve.(My machine can go very very fast and Im not good at using it at such high speeds!) So I trimmed it and put a rib cuff around the bottom...the only problem now being is that its too long for a top and too short for a nightie....so in comes the Cinderella *zwergen* mode hotpants. I made the size that I normally would for Lainey but I forgot to take into consideration the fact she wears a nappy. So I remade them in the largest size.
They are so super sweet!
Both the patterns were super easy to sew (although it too me a little while to get the hang of the gusset in the hotpants). The Cinderella pattern and fabric was from Crafty Mamas, the pink rib from my stash and the nightie pattern from the oppy.



Very cute!
ReplyDelete