Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Meat Pies!





I found the most perfect filling recipe for meat pies over the weekend. I have the most fussiest son in the world and this recipe suits him to a tee...it also suits me as I can add puree to it or veg as I go along.

Meat Pie Filing.

400g mince (I used lamb for these)
1 tablespoon oil
1 onion chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup gravy powder
1 cup water
short crust pastry
puff pastry

Chop the onion. Heat the oil and add the onion. Brown and add the meat till brown. Add paste, sauce and gravy blended with water. Bring to the boil and then simmer with lid off for 15 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a bowl and put in the fridge till cool.

Make pie as normal. This filling is super yummy!



1 comment: