Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Lemon Slice



Pic: buttersugarflour.com


Well there is nothing nicer after spring cleaning your kitchen than cooking in it.

This afternoon I have made this Lemon Slice. I got the recipe from a girlfriend of mine and we LOVE it :)

Lemon Slice

250g unsalted butter soft
85g of icing sugar
2 1/2 cups of plain flour4 lemons
4 eggs
400g caster sugar
1 tspn baking powder

Base
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Grease and lin a 30x30 baking tin ( I do it in two smaller ones). Blend the icing sugar and butter together. Add two cups of flour and mix together until it forms a ball. Press into the tin(s) and chill for 15 minutes then bake for 15 minutes. Set aside and cool.

Topping
Grate the rind of 2 lemons and then juice all 4 (need about 90mls). Whisk the eggs and caster sugar until well combined. Add the remaining flour and bakinng powder, rind and juice. Whisk gently to combine.

Pour over COOLED BASE. Must be nearly cold or the base will go soggy.

Return to the oven for 30 minutes or until set (giolden tinge).

Sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.

This is so super delicious and I can tell you doe not last long!

No comments:

Post a Comment