Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Kyoko for the Birthday Girl

I wanted to make Lainey something special to wear on her birthday on Thursday so Mike chose the Mod Kids Kyoko pattern. He has great taste doesn't he!

I bought this pattern through a special buy recently at Crafty Mamas and the fabric and binding are from my stash (I think the yellow is Heather Bailey).

I found this fairly easy to do and I like the technique she gives for a professional finish on the binding. I managed to cut and sew this in about 1/2 a day. I have the pants from mod Kids on order but Lainey can wear it with jeans on the day.





4 comments:

  1. That is absolutely stunning, I love the pink/yellow combination.

    What a lucky little birthday girl Lainey is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a stunning fabric combo Gilly. My fave version of it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful, I am sure she will love it too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a special outfit for a very special day.

    ReplyDelete