Here is the cake with the doll inside of it....waiting to be iced.
I made my own fondant icing using the following recipe:
2 egg whites
1 kg icing sugar
3 tablespoons of glucose.
Combine the egg whites and glucose in a bowl. Start mixing in the icing sugar until it becomes to hard to stir. Turn this onto a bench dusted with cornflour and continue to knead in the rest of the icing sugar.
Let me tell you - you will want to have eaten your Wheaties that morning. it take a long time and is hard yakka but worth the effort.
i then divided mine and coloured them by kneading in food dye. I made some yellow and some pink.
I used a mixture of jam and water mixed together to make a syrupy liquid as the "glue".
And here is what I ended up with....
I love it - I am sooo happy with it and whilst it was fiddly it is so worth it.
Happy Birthday my darling girl.


Just awesome, girl! What little 2 year old is not going to fall in love with that cake?
ReplyDeleteOh my! That is fantastic!! Well done! She is going to love it xox
ReplyDeleteMy son is sitting with me as we watch "puter" and he, just like myself, is very impressed with your beautiful cake.
ReplyDeleteHope you all had a wonderful day.