Saturday, August 29, 2009

Something for Baby

My friend Alannah had her baby on Wednesday. Actually Alannah is more than my friend - she was the flower girl at my wedding...so now I feel old!

A little girl called Gabrielja Marija (her partner is Croatian so the names are European spelt). She was three weeks early (but healthy) and weighed a tiny 2.2kgs...

So of course I got sewing and after being inspired by Tracy (The Mad Quilter) I made her a top using the New Conceptions pattern I bought at Crafty Mamas. I made the premmie size and I used some more of the wonderful fabric I won from Sara at willow&moo. I used the purple and the the pink for the binding.



On the OL this was super fast and I whipped some up for Lainey's dolly too.



I plan on making more as they are so easy to make but I thought i would wait until she was a little bigger....and besides I have forever to sew for her :)

3 comments:

  1. Just cute that little top. All the best for the new arrival and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will appreciate a gorgeous outfit that fits her. And one made with love too :)
    Our first born was 4 weeks early and weighed 2.5kg, and we struggled with clothes that fitted her in the first few weeks as she was so little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gilly that is just gorgeous!! Lol @ feeling old though! I'm sure she'll love it! :D

    ReplyDelete