Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Necessity Is the Mother of Invention

We are a house of sickness at the moment. I had an awful bout of tonsillitis at the end of last month and since then its slid down hill for everyone. Mike contracted a viral form of tonsillitis which he gave to Jack and I (so this is my second round of tonsillitis). Jack also has an ear infection and will miss the first day back at kindy tomorrow. Lainey also now has two burst and bleeding ear drums and after a trip to the hospital in the early hours of the morning and then a trip to the doc today when we noticed both ears are now bleeding - I was told to keep her ears dry for a week. I wanted to buy one of the Speedo swimming bands that children wear in the pool, but after racking up $113 in medicines along at the chemist I decided it could wait.

After coming home I rang a friend to have a pity party on the phone and told her about the head band. She said - why not make it from old stubby holders...Of course! Im so virus addled I never even thought of that.

So at no cost - I saved $20 and whilst it is by no means pretty it will save Lainey getting water in her poor bleeding ears...thank you Tamara - I owe you big time..



2 comments:

  1. Owh dear! Hugs for you and your family. Hope all of you get well soon.

    Kudos on the stubby holder ear cover thingie. I would have never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are all feeling better soon. You guys deserve a 100% healthy household for a while!

    ReplyDelete