Saturday, June 20, 2009

I Heart Urban Threads


Pic: urbanthreads.com

I love hand embroidery. It was one of the first things I learnt to do. I love sewing with my hands...cross stitch is especially my favourite.

There are alot of designs out there...if you want to embroider your nans hanky.

So I was very happy to find a new wave of funky embroidery designers out there. Sublime Stitching is one of them (I am eagerly awaiting the delivery of their book !) and the other fav of mine is Urban Threads. They some really banging designs in not only hand but also machine embroidery files.

I get their weekly emails and they are having a sale! And so I bought! I picked up 11 designs for around $8 AUD...not bad hey...I think I will be stopping in at SL for some calico on the way home today :)

Check them out - designs form as little as 50c USD....and everyone loves a bargain!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gilly! I'm so glad you are looking forward to my new book. It's actually "Sublime Stitching" and I love it you'd include me in your links:

    http://www.sublimestitching.com

    If you'd like a preview copy of the book to review on your blog, let me know and I'll have one sent to you!

    best,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thansk for the heads up.. off to order now!

    ReplyDelete