Tuesday, April 28, 2009

CWA Coobook Hand-Me-Down

My husbands family is born and bread Aussies and Mikes grand parents have a large collection of items which just scream Australian history. One of those items is the ever popular CWA Cookery Book and Household Hints. An institution since 1936 this book is full of those beautiful heart warming recipes that your Nana made. This particular copy is 33 years old. I love it and on a recent trip to my in laws MIL discovered she had two copies. One was her mums (Nana) ans the other was hers from school. So she so kindy gave me one. And I love it. I have read it twice since I got it and I am dying to make things from it.

I have the more recent CWA publication full of wonderful recipes which I have often used and referred to. I am hoping to pass this on to Lainey and start a real tradition. MIL also has an original Golden Wattle which was her Nanas.....I have asked for that to be left to me in the will :)






You can find the CWA here.... and for the WA chapter here...



No comments:

Post a Comment