Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Today I Gave Back ...



(pic originally from here...)

Today I did my first Meals on Wheels run. I wasn't expecting to and (when the ladies originally rang me I was caught so off guard that I ummed and ahhed about it - I feel a bit silly for doing that!) I have not even done an orientation but they called and were in desperate need of a driver so I got an instant to promotion to ready status! I only had to deliver to 5 people and it took about 30 minutes but it was the greatest thing I have done in the last month. I was on such a high from it!

The kids came and Jack ticked off the houses on the run sheet as we went to them. He even gave one lady a big wave as we were leaving - she met us in the driveway and thanked me for bringing her dinner.

It was great and I really really hope I get the pleasure of doing it again really soon.

2 comments:

  1. Well done - it is good to give back to the community isnt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to you! Meals on Wheels means so much to some people. Not only are you bringing nourishment, but you are bringing human interaction and this is so important. Bravo to you.

    ReplyDelete