Friday, February 20, 2009

My Magazine Thing....




I have a thing about magazines. I love them. I love the crisp unbent covers and all the goodies held in those thick glossy sheets. I simply cannot stand someone opening and reading my magazine before me. Sound a little kooky. Then size me for a straight jacket because it is one of my pet peeves. People reading my magazine before me. Breaking that spine, licking their fingers to flick the pages over, bending the cover...or indeed the two greatest abuses...doing the crossword or ..reading it in the loo.

If you come to my house and see a beautiful glistening new magazine in front of you...ask before you pick it up...for the sake of the kooky one..please..

6 comments:

  1. Not kooky at all :) Although i have been known to take a mag into the toilet - it's often the only place I get some "me time"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to run down to my newsagent and see if they have put all my favs away. I'm drooling over your selection!

    I'm with you too - paws off my magazines ... and newspapers, until I have read every virgin page :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn is that a new Sew Hip!!! Off to newsagent tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes ..yes it is Lisa, dont walk..run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am exactly the same as you. Don't even think of even picking up a new magazine of mine. Or book. Keep your mitts off it!!! No we're not kooky....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes Gilly, a book too....oh I am so soothed to know I am normal!

    ReplyDelete