Monday, February 9, 2009

Mondays Cooking



I love to bake and cook slices and cakes and cupcakes and all the other divine things that are no good for you.

Today I used up the majority of some ingredients I got from a girlfriend who had a glut of zucchini and free range eggs from her farm.

I made some piklets and cupcakes for lunch boxes as well as these two recipes.

Zucchini Slice

Ingredients:

* 5 eggs
* 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
* 375g zucchini, grated
* 1 large onion, finely chopped
* 200g rindless bacon, chopped
* 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
* 60ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil

Method

1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a 30 x 20cm lamington pan.
2. Beat the eggs in a large bowl until combined. Add the flour and beat until smooth, then add zucchini, onion, bacon, cheese and oil and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared pan and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through.

(delicious. - February 2003, Page 95 )


I also made this Sultana Cake recipe - an untried one but it uses 6 eggs so I thought it was a good choice. This was from the Simply a Collection - Country Cooking at its Best...I bought from the McGrath Foundation recently.

Sultana Cake

250g butter
250g sugar
6 eggs
330g of Plain Flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
250g sultanas

Cream the butter and sugar together and add eggs 2 at a time. Add sultanas and then fold in flour. Place in a 20cm greased and lined square tin. Bake for 1 hour in a moderate oven.

I used my oblong spring form for this and I soaked the sultanas in OJ quickly.



No comments:

Post a Comment