I had a meeting at Jacks kindy this morning and they asked for a volunteer to repair some of the dress up gear. I of course jumped straight into that one and brought home a bag of sad looking little outfits. Some can be repaired, but I have decided to make new ones! I made the pirate outfit today and am going to make a cowboy, doctor, policeman and fireman. I am going to base it all around a pair of long shorts and a vest. The doc though I will make a white coat. I will also then do some work on the girls gear but surprisingly that's in ok condition.
The outfit has a red sash sewn into the seams and a pirate logo used from the old vinyl vest I took the pattern from. There is also a piece of velcro to do it up and the shorts are oversized so the kids can get them over their school clothes. Thats why I liked the vest idea too as it can go over their clothes easier.
I love doing it. This is why I am a SAHM. I can do these things for my kids school and its a win win. I get to practice my craft and my kids get great dress up gear. I am so proud of this effort - it really hit me today that this is what being a stay at home mum is all about. Being there to help your kids out and go that extra mile.
Oh the t-shirt isnt part of the set - he just happened to be wearing it today !


No comments:
Post a Comment