Saturday, January 31, 2009

Knit-a-long for Charity




2009 is the year of many things for me...one being that I am going to be more involved in my community. I have organised a Knit-a-long for Charity over at Crafty Mamas . Its to knit beanies for wildlife and also teddies for the St Johns and Royal Flying Doctors Service. The RFDS is particularly important to me a Jack was flown to Princess Margaret Hospital for surgery by them at 2 weeks old.

The a-long runs for the month of February and once the items are knitted you send them in yourself. If you would like to get involved come on over to Crafty Mamas, introduce yourself and get involved. It only takes a small act to make this a better place for all.




(pic credit www.perrypubliclibrary.org/images/knitting.jpg)

1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderful thing to do. I am just now learning how to knit. Once I am really good at it, I plan on making hats for preemies and cancer patients. I am just really slow right now.

    ReplyDelete