And how did we celebrate out here in the sticks! With a staff lunch at school to which I was invited.
Mike put us down to bring pasta salad and some of my cupcakes. Both super simple to make and yummo to eat!
Here is a pic of the cupcakes. I recently got a new stand for them - it cost $10 at Coles and its great! I also bought some icing pens as I had dreams of drawing horses and jockey jumpers.....I stuck to swirls and criss crosses in the end. I also used some jelly crystals on some of them and that made for a nice topping - not too sweet believe it or not.

The lunch was so yummy.but alas my horse did not win. The horse I got in the sweep came last - I won $3 for that! But I never pick the winner, not even on the tote..so why start now.
Another successful Melbourne Cup in the bag.
xx Gilly


Glad you had a nice cup day Gilly. I just wanted to say tht I also bought that cupcake stand - what a bargain!
ReplyDelete