Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Garden Musings

Mike and I have never claimed to be Don Burkes but we love cultivating things through our "chuck it in the dirt and see" philosophy! A while back I bought bulbs from a fundraiser at Mikes work and I forgot to plant them at the "right" time. I did it as an after thought and I was very suprised to see this!





I never thought they would bloom. They are waving a little in the wind but you get the point!


Here is an update on our veggie patch. These are the carrots. That and beetroot where the only things that came up...now we eagerly anticipate their harvest!



Here is my gnome...I painted him about 8 years ago and he is still with us!



This plant is so cool - the leaves smell like citronella, and it has a beautiful flower.



In the 11 months since we have been here this is what we have done to the garden...

THEN:





NOW:



I think it looks amazing and the kids love playing in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment