Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Heart Enid

I have a confession. I'm in love with a gal call Enid. Enid Gilchrist to be exact. She created many many pattern books between the 40s and 70s and there is something about them that I love. I cant wait to make some of them for the kids. The trick is you have to draft them...but wow how satisfying!

I found this blog...a homage to Enid. I found it through a forum discussion at Crafty Mamas. The author is a lady called Tracy. Thank you Tracy!

I look forward to sharing my "Enids" with you...

xx Gilly

1 comment:

  1. Funnily enough none of the patterns in that picture are by Enid Gilchrist, they are vintage French pattern magazines from my own private collection. I do not mind you using the photo but it would have been nice to have been asked first and given photo credit.

    ReplyDelete