Friday, September 5, 2008

Catching Up

Well here are all the things I wanted to show you pics of from my last post!

Here are the cushions I made. They are such a perfect match to my lounge room and I love them. I have enough material left over to make one of those remote holders that hangs over the side of the armchair. So I will get to that later! I also took a pic to show you that I did them in envelope style which I think is so neat. No buttons or zips or hand sewing...juts the way I like it!






Here are two of the three pair of shorts I did for Jack - the pattern is from TopKids and I just jigged it about a bit to make it fit better. I love them and I love the fit. I have done another cam style material pair but I haven't take a pic of them! I plan to mass produce these over the summer in loads of boy materials as they will wash and wear really well and the pattern is a perfect fit.



I just had to show you this haul of dinosaurs we got from the Save the Children shop near my mums...Jack has a real thing for dinos at the moment and I could not believe my luck when I stumbled on this box full of this really big dinos . They were a measly 20cents a piece and I think we scored about 20 of them..plus the palm tree. jack loves them and im so amazed at how cheap they were and lucky we were to find them!


Finally - the veggie patch. We decided to grow veggies in the old clam shell pool. The kids dont use it anymore and the soil where we live is awful. As we are only going to be here another year (fingers crossed!) we thought planting in these shells would be perfect. We have out two, although only one is pictured and mum and dad are giving me their one too. So that will make four. We also planted corn along the back of the fence and we have a Styrofoams thingy! with tomatoes in it. We have had them on the go a little while and aren't sure how they will turn out but we will see. I love having the veggie patch and hope it is successful. I also hope the dog stops sticking her nose through the chicken wire to eat the manure - gross!!! I will update pics as it goes!



Well thats it for now. Mike and Jack are off to Perth from tonight until Sunday so I am hoping to sew my brains out. Lainey is pretty easy to entertain and of course sleeps during the day so that will be great. I am in the process of making an outfit for her and have ordered some fabric from the Humming Mini for a bucket hat for her. It will be great!

State election this weekend - could not care less to be honest - I hate them all and if I vote for a minor party the bigs one will get the vote anyway - I feel a donkey coming on!

Have a great weekend

xx Gilly

2 comments:

  1. Love your cushions! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great cushions! you did a good job. aren't we all so clever! Love your vegie patch, you'll be reaping the rewards soon in this beautiful spring weather.

    ReplyDelete