Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sew-Mania!

Well, I have more than redeemed myself this week and managed to set my machine on fire creating a back log of things I wanted to sew.

I also have had a chance to use my overlocker. I brought it home over the weekend and even though its 20 years old shes gotta lotta life left in her. I was super excited...but some of that waned when my MIL and I tried to thread the thing! Or should I say she threaded and I sat by watching and holding the torch...yes the torch!

So here we go.... I apologise for the pics they were taken on my phone as I cant find the camera!



These are some brown cord pants I wanted to make for Jack. They come from a Burda pattern which I dont like I have decided and I think they look a bit baggy really. But comfy!


Here is the finished dress and Mary Jane shoes for Lainey. LOADS of lessons learnt here and I think it will be a while before I make a lined outfit again! I bought a cute white skivvy to go underneath and now just need some stockings and she is away!


I love these - and I love the pattern for the pants - one piece!!! I made the pants and appliquéd the top. Jack loves it and I think he might wear this one to bed tonight! I have also discovered that when doing patterns for Jack I need to make the size 2 but with the 3 length. Tall and thin...if only I was too!



Last but not least the Wiggles bootie pj pants. This is a shocking pic and doesnt show the bootie part well on one leg but Jack was..well.. jack of pulling off and putting on clothes for me! Since having taken this pic I have fiddled with the elastic in the feet and they are alot more fitted - more like the original pair. These are super warm and great for cold nights. I also made the jumper a while ago - I think it was my second project ever.

Ok so there you go - up to date and I have all but one thing to go to finish my current list. Then I am going to go through my fabric and pattern stash and see whats next. Probably some jammies for Lainey! Who knows!

xx Gilly


PS Lainey has started sleeping through the night now (5 out of the last 6) and I have been having the most bizzaro dreams. Last night I had a dream I hung out with the Pope when he was here (I am not catholic nor religious so it was odd!) and the night before that I had a dream thatc Jack was bitten by a snake....not good as I have a mortal fear of snake. How weird!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Gilly! Love them all. Think my favorite is the Thomas Pj's but we are a little Thomas obsessed in this house so maybe a bit bias! And the dress and matching shoes are devine. You will have to update with DD in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented well done on the sewing frenzy! I have to say I love boys in cords. And the dress and matching shoes are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im jealous of not only your obvious talent but the sewing frenzy you have been in! Brodie has a Wiggles blanket with that same fabric!

    You have been "tagged" by the way!!!!!

    ReplyDelete